Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Current Contract August 2023-June 2024 summer hours as needed. 40 hrs. per week Second shift or night shift
Responsible To: VCS Business Manager and Head of Facilities Janitorial
Responsibilities: Provide students with a safe and clean environment in which to learn and play. These areas include the following:
- Disinfect body contact areas and clean porcelain, urinals, and fixtures each shift completely.
- Sweep and mop hallways and sweep/ vacuum classrooms daily.
- Vacuum classrooms and entryways daily.
- Empty garbage cans and take them out to the dumpster daily.
- Physical ability to lift, stoop, bend, and carry 40 pounds.
- Wipe down furniture, walls, and fixtures as needed.
- Mop classrooms as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all related custodial duties up to standard without immediate supervision.
- Secure facility at the start and end of each shift.
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony
- Minimum High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Well organized, good communicator
- Strong work ethic
- Self-Motivated and efficient
- 6 months minimum of janitorial experience
- Required to pass a background check
Please complete and submit the online application or stop by the school office to pick one up. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. All applications may be found on the VCS Website (http://www.valleychristianschool.org) under Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email all applications to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206