Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Full Time – 10 Month Contract August 15, 2022 – June 15, 2023
Responsible To: VCS Head Administrator & School Principal
*VCS Upper Elementary Teacher openings include individual teachers for Grades 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Teaching Responsibilities: Upper Elementary (Grades 3-6): Reading, Language Arts, Spelling, Math, Science, History, Art
and Bible classes.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in area of education or related educational field.
- ACSI Temporary, Standard, or Professional Teaching Certificate (or willingness to acquire).
- WA State Teaching Certificate (preferred, not mandatory).
- Elementary education classroom teaching experience.
- Excellent classroom management, communication, organizational skills, and relational instruction.
- Born-again believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
- Committed Spirit-led Christian life/example.
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview philosophy of education.
- A calling and passion to work with and love young people.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS full teacher application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The teacher’s application may be found on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Careers or Employment links. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please. The position is open as long as posted on the school website.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Phone: (509) 924-9131