Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Part-Time (Contract August 12, 2020 - June 10, 2021)
Responsible To: VCS Administrator & School Principal
Description: This individual must understand the importance of teaching the whole child, demonstrate the ability to love and build community and have a passion to integrate the truth of God’s Word in students and adults.
The Spiritual Life Coordinator is responsible for giving direction to the spiritual well-being and spiritual development of VCS by actively promoting a school-wide discipleship culture.
- Maintain good working relationships with other faculty and collaborate with Bible teachers as needed.
- Under the direction of the administration, identify and help promote the spiritual formation of the secondary student body.
- Assist with the supervision of the chapel program, secondary annual retreats, mission trips, and other spiritual life activities (i.e. National Day of Prayer, See You At The Pole, Bible studies, etc.).
- Be involved and help lead student leadership and mentoring initiatives.
- Facilitate quarterly service projects including the placing of staff and students out into the community.
- Develop and facilitate student mentoring and discipleship strategies including, but not limited to, the following:
- Small group mentorship and discipleship
- One-on-one mentorship and discipleship
- Maintain confidentiality regarding matters of information related to students, parents, faculty or administration.
- Support the school’s leadership to the parents and community in all written and oral communications.
- Follow all school policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a committed follower of Christ and an active member of an evangelical church.
- Master’s degree preferred in related field(s); Bachelor’s considered with strong gifts. Highly preferential: prior pastoral experience and/or teaching experience with multiple age groups, youth ministry background, preaching, teaching, organization, and leadership.
- Experience in a school environment, and in a related field.
- Ability to create, plan, and effectively carry out strategies related to school-wide spiritual growth.
- Ability to cultivate strong, appropriate relationships with students as well as adults.
- Communicates well with people with many different perspectives and denominations.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS General Employment Application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The application may be found as a link on this page or on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Phone: (509) 924-9131