Under the direction of the Business Manager, the receptionist will answer phones, greet parents/visitors, and oversee all student services. May also work on various projects with other school personnel. These include working with the Principals, Administrator, Admin team, and Teachers as support is needed.
- Mature Christian with love of God’s work and God’s children
- Servant-minded, ability to walk in humility.
- Well Groomed – professional appearance
- Meets the public well, maintaining a positive PR for VCS
- Self–motivated and well organized
- Can handle emergencies with emotional maturity.
- Must have an understanding and commitment to the philosophy of Christian Education and the Mission/Core Values of Valley Christian
- Must be trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information. Able to direct VCS constituency concerns the appropriate individual.
- Must be reliable with regard to timeliness and attendance.
- Self-directed – looks for tasks to accomplish throughout lulls in workday activity.
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, Publisher, FACTS, and Internet
- Basic knowledge of online database functions
- Efficiency and accuracy in work
- Ability to function independently and exercises good judgment
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with children, parents, and school employees
- Ability to multi-task
- Receptionist, clerical, and office support experience, computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite. School office experience is preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma
CONTRACTED BY: Valley Christian School
RESPONSIBLE TO: Business Manager
TIME REQUIRED: Full Time, 192 days, 9 hours/day, 7:15 A.M. – 4:15 P.M.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: While duties are shared each person has a different primary focus.
Front Window Desk
- Answers telephone directs calls to the appropriate office, screens phone calls for administrative staff, answers in-person inquiries from students, parents, staff, and the public. Monitors voicemail for school office and attendance.
- Ensures all visitors sign in and have a visitor/volunteer badge; escorts visitors/volunteers into locked buildings.
- Issues admit slips to students and records information in FACTS.
- Maintains attendance records for PreK-12 grades
- Runs daily tardy report and provides to the principal for scheduling detentions.
- Provides quarterly attendance reports to the principal.
Main Office Desk
- Provides first-aid medical care to students and contacts parents/guardians.
- Monitors sick children and gives medication as instructed by parents.
- Documents all clinic visits in FACTS.
- Assists with locker assignments and maintains log.
- Assists parents in signing up for parent-teacher conferences.
- Assists Admissions with maintaining student files and sending records as needed.
- Verify Completion with Registrar, prints, and mails report cards for 1-12, files report cards.
- Assists in the creation and prints report cards for Prekindergarten and Kindergarten,
- Verify Completion with Registrar and run Honors and Scholars Lists for Academic awards.
- Maintains Academic and Barnabas Certificate Blanks, Checks with Principal on teacher forms, puts Blanks in Teacher Boxes and notifies parents of awards.
- Assisting Test Coordinator to coordinate distribution, mailing, and filing of IOWA test.
- Maintains supply of printed office forms for day-to-day use.
- Maintains extra field trip permission slips, senior lunch sign out list, car passes, etc.
- Responsible for organizing, cleaning, and tidying the office and teacher’s lounge daily
- Operates office machines, copier, fax, laminator, printer, etc.
- Provides clerical assistance to faculty and staff as needed and time allows.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail logging checks
- Enter Donations into E-tapestry.
- Additional tasks are assigned by the Admin Team as time allows.
Please submit a letter of interest and a current resume along with the VCS application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The application may be found on this page. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Email: Thane Gromlich email@example.com