Under the direction of the Business Manager, the receptionist will answer phones, greet parents/visitors, help students, and support the guidance counselor.
May also work on various projects with other school personnel. These include working with the development office, athletic director, and teachers.
- Mature Christian with a love of God’s work and God’s children
- Servant-minded, ability to walk in humility
- Well Groomed – professional appearance
- Meets public well
- Self–motivated and well organized
- Can handle emergencies with emotional maturity
- Must have an understanding and commitment to the philosophy of Christian Education
- Must be trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information
- Must be reliable
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, Publisher, FACTS, and Internet
- Basic knowledge of online database functions
- Efficiency and accuracy in work
- Ability to function independently and exercises good judgment
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with children, parents, and school employees
- Ability to multi-task
- Receptionist, clerical, and office support experience, computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite. School office experience is preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma
- Valley Christian School
- Part-Time, 175 days, 8 hours/day, 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Business Manager
- Answers telephone directs calls to appropriate office, screens phone calls for administrative staff, answers in-person inquiries from students, parents, staff and the public. Monitors voicemail for school office and attendance.
- Ensures all visitors sign in and have a visitor/volunteer badge; escorts visitors/volunteers into locked buildings.
- Issues admit slips to students and records information in FACTS.
- Maintains attendance records for PreK-12 grades
- Runs daily tardy report and provides to the principal for scheduling detentions.
- Provides quarterly attendance reports to the principal.
- Provides first-aid medical care to students and contacts parents/guardians.
- Monitors sick children and gives medication as instructed by parents.
- Documents all clinic visits in FACTS.
- Schedules academic meetings.
- Assists with locker assignments and maintains a log
- Coordinates parent-teacher conference sign-up/schedules.
- Maintains student records, cumulative and medical files.
- Receives record requests for students leaving VCS, copies, and mails student records to the new school.
- Prints grade cards for Prekindergarten and Kindergarten, prints grade cards, mails grade cards, files grade cards.
- Runs Honors and Scholars Lists
- Creates Academic and Barnabas Certificates
- Coordinates distribution, mailing, and filing of Terra Nova test
- Maintains staff cell phone list, birthday list, creates/routes staff birthday cards.
- Maintains supply of printed office forms for day-to-day use.
- Maintains extra field trip permission slips, pizza orders, senior lunch sign-out list, car passes, etc.
- Responsible for organizing and tidying office and teacher's lounge daily
- Responsible for organizing and inventorying office supplies
- Operates office machines, copier, fax, laminator, printer, etc.
- Orders office machine supplies
- Assists with maintaining Outlook calendars for the administrative team.
- Provides clerical assistance to faculty and staff as needed.
Please submit a letter of interest and a current resume along with the VCS application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The application may be found on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Careers. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Phone: (509) 924-9131