Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Full Time Contract, January 2024 – June 2024 (continuing thereafter)
Reporting To: Elementary & Secondary School Principals
Growth in our student body and course offerings has created the need for an additional PE teacher at Valley Christian! We are looking for a dynamic Christian teacher with confidence teaching physical education classes and working with a wide range of grade levels. Additional responsibilities may include teaching an academic class in junior high or high school and Athletic Director duties.
Elementary, Junior High, and/or High School PE classes
One academic class (grades 7-12)
Athletic Director Assistant
- Minimum BA/BS Degree
- Training and/or experience in teaching physical education
- Ability to plan and differentiate instruction for various learning/skill levels.
- Excellent classroom/group management, communication, organizational skills, and relational instruction
- Born Again Christian with evident Christian walk
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview philosophy of education and instruction
- Passion to work with young people
- Valid First Aid Card or willingness to obtain one
Additional Valued Qualifications:
State teaching license or credentials in PE or related educational field
ACSI Teaching Certificate
Secondary (7-12 grade) teaching experience in other content areas (Social Studies, Math, etc.)
Athletic Director credentials, training and/or related experience
Coaching experience in Volleyball, Basketball, Track & Field, or Cross Country
- Please submit a letter of interest containing your reason for seeking this position, a summary of qualifications, and brief Christian testimony, along with a current resume to the administrator listed below.
- An administrator will review your materials and inform you if you need to complete a full VCS teacher application. (The teacher’s application may be found on our website at valleychristianschool.org under Careers).
- Upon review of the full application and associated materials, you will be contacted regarding an interview.
Materials may be dropped off at the following address or emailed to the administrator listed below. No faxes, please. The position is open as long as it remains posted on the school website.
Email: Robert Chadduck, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206