1.0 FTE (Full-Time Annual Contract)
Reports to: VCS Director of Maintenance
Dates of contract: April 15th – July 2024
This position reports to the VCS Director of Maintenance and will work with them to be responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of the school’s facilities and grounds. The job may include at various times, mechanical and electrical systems, event setup, groundskeeping, snow removal, classroom setup, security, and safety. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining and re-stocking supplies pertaining to maintenance. The exact tasks are assigned at the discretion of the VCS Head of Maintenance. The Maintenance department will provide backup to the custodial department and will be responsible for occasional custodial work during school hours. The department will function as a team. This requires the ability to communicate clearly and take instructions. You will be provided clear expectations to meet and will be expected to provide feedback on what you need to complete our tasks. This position must also be able to interact and correspond with volunteers, current staff, renters, students, parents, and vendors of VCS in a positive and Christlike manner.
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony of Faith in Christ
- High school diploma or greater
- Current Driver’s License.
- Pass background checks
- First Aid/CPR/AED Training before the start of the school year.
- Pass a Drug test
- Experience in groundskeeping, building maintenance, or construction background.
- Experience with automated sprinkler systems maintenance and install is a plus.
- Operate equipment to perform grounds work and snow removal around the campus of the school.
- Must be able to routinely lift 50 pounds.
- Computer skills – word/excel /email
Please initially submit a letter of interest and current resume, followed by a full application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The General Application link can be found on this page. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Busoffice@vcsc.org