1.0 FTE ( Full Time Annual Contract)
Reports to VCS Business Manager
Dates of current year contract: July 2023- July 2024 (12 months normal year)
This Position reports to the Business Manager. To be responsible for the overall infrastructure maintenance and operation of the school facilities including mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, security, and safety. Responsible for maintaining and following facilities budget. Collaboration with the Head of Custodial and Maintenance and Grounds Manager during and after school hours as needed for event set-ups and preparations. Must be able to work as a team member with good communication skills and have the ability to multitask while managing and following a flexible schedule. It is expected that this position is about 50% hands-on work and 50% administrative and project management. This will fluctuate through the year sometimes being more hands-on. This position will provide backup support to the Maintenance and Grounds Manager.
- Born Again Testimony of Faith in Christ/ Committed Christian Life
- High school diploma or greater
- Current Driver’s License.
- 5+ years of experience in building maintenance or in construction.
- Experience working with low-pressure steam boiler systems is a plus.
- Pass a background check and a Drug test
- Have proof of current or take part in First Aid/CPR/AED Training before the start of the school year.
- Must be able to routinely lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate small to medium equipment (tractor, mini-ex, etc.)
- Possess professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills - word/excel /outlook email
- Oversee and manage the entire campus of Valley Christian School. This includes but is not limited to long-term infrastructure project management involving buildings, boiler and HVAC, electrical, and plumbing improvements.
- Plans and oversees long-term core infrastructure projects for facilities designated by and collaborated with the VCS Facilities Committee, VCS Administration, and the VCS School Board.
- Fully investigating repair and replacement solutions to the aging VCS campus. Including but not limited to personal investigation of issues, communicating needs and expectations, gathering initial quotes, and managing the projects once started including code compliance.
- Builds rapport and coordinates with suppliers and contractors to improve facilities and accomplish long-term goals, infrastructure improvements, and yearly repairs. Manages most contractors, ensuring bids and contracts align with VCS needs and budget, communicating completion timelines and project goals and scope to direct supervisor.
- Coordinate/perform needed inspections (Health Dept., Fire, Boiler, Labor & Industries). Including communication with Administration and Maintenance and Grounds Manager.
- Keep all training, certifications, licenses, and Chemical Datasheets current and in good standing as required for the school.
- Communicate workflow and project timelines as needed to the VCS Administration.
- Work with the Administration and other staff to support needed preparations for Teacher return to school and classroom readiness for the new year.
- Maintains positive community relations and rapport with the VCS constituency including, parents, students, volunteers, renters, and can interact and correspond with current staff, teachers, and Administration of VCS in a positive, constructive, and Christlike manner.
- Attend Building committee meetings and function as a VCS maintenance representative. Working with the committee on long-term projects like our HVAC replacement. Communicating and enabling volunteers to assist with planning and workload. Communicating and reporting to administration future needs.
- Camera system monitoring and reporting including emergency alerts at night and police contacts.
- Collaborates with VCS Maintenance and Grounds Manager and Head Custodian for large events, setups, and emergency projects, as directed by Supervisor.
- 100% medical for full-time employee, 90% tuition discount for school-age children
- Vacation Time (2 weeks in the summer, 1 week at Christmas, 3 additional personal days, national holidays)
- Sick days (8 days per year/14 days total accumulated)
Please initially submit a letter of interest and current resume, followed by a full application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. All applications may be found on the VCS Website via this link: Careers. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206