Contracted By: Valley Christian School
- Part Time – Contract August 14, 2023– June 7, 2024
- 1 full day of classes taught each week (Tuesdays, 8:15-3:00pm), weekly Tuesday teacher collaboration (7:45-8) & in-service/Panther Project/Graduation; 36 teaching days & 2-3 in-service days
Responsible To: VCS Homeschool Coordinator & Homeschool Director
Description of classes to be taught: Teach Science, History, & Bible Lead enrichment in PE, Computer, Art, Drama, Speech &/or Music
Elementary 2nd & 3rd grades (No more than 12-15 students)
Description of Responsibilities: It is important that homeschool program teachers work well with both students and parents, offering encouragement and support while maintaining a high standard of expectation for student work.
- Prepare scope and sequence for all classes taught.
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons for each weekly class day utilizing a Biblical World View philosophy and meeting multiple learning styles of the students.
- Lead enrichment during classroom day to promote student connection and social/emotional growth.
- Communicate weekly with parents as to what was taught in class and if anything is expected of the students and parents for the week.
- Give minimal homework
- Plan and lead 1 Field Trip each year
- Attend In-service, Panther Project & Homeschool Graduation
- Minimum BA/BS Degree in area of instruction or related educational field; or Equivalent Experience
- ACSI Temporary, Standard, or Professional Teaching Certificate (or willingness to acquire)
- WA State Teaching Certificate (preferred, not mandatory)
- Elementary Homeschool and Classroom Teaching Experience
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview and Christian philosophy of education.
- A love for and passion to work with young people
Please submit letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS full teacher application to Homeschool Director, Joyanna Hill. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The teacher’s application may be found on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please. Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 509.924.9131