Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Part-Time – Contract August 2021– June 2022
1 full day of classes taught each week (8:15-3:00pm)
Responsible To: VCS Homeschool Coordinator & Head Administrator
Description of classes to be taught (One hour and fifteen minutes long each):
- High School Apologia Chemistry
- High School Apologia Biology
- Middle School Abeka Order & Design
- High School Saxon Algebra 1
- High School Discovering Geometry
Description of Responsibilities: It is important that homeschool program teachers work well with both students and parents, offering encouragement and support while maintaining a high standard of expectation for student work.
- Prepare course syllabus for all classes taught.
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons for each class day utilizing a Biblical World View philosophy and meeting multiple learning styles of the students.
- Prepare and send home weekly assignments for all middle and high school classes.
- Grade the assigned Science work (parents grade Math daily work). Grade all tests.
- Enter grades and attendance in FACTS (school software system) for Middle and High School classes.
- Communicate weekly with parents as to what was taught in class and what is expected of the students and parents for the week. Inform parents of missing assignments or poor grades.
- Attend Inservice and Home School Graduation.
- Minimum BA/BS Degree in the area of instruction or related educational field.
- ACSI Temporary, Standard, or Professional Teaching Certificate (or willingness to acquire)
- WA State Teaching Certificate (preferred, not mandatory)
- Secondary Home School and Classroom Teaching Experience
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview and Christian philosophy of education
- A love for and passion to work with young people
Please submit letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS full teacher application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The teacher’s application may be found on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (509) 924-9131