Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Part-Time
- Contract August 2022– June 2023
- 1 full day of classes taught each week (8:15-3:00pm) & in-service/Panther Project/Graduation; 36 teaching days & 2-3 in-service days.
Responsible To: VCS Homeschool Coordinator & Head Administrator
Description of classes to be taught each week, giving minimal homework, (No more than 12-15 students):
Description of Responsibilities: It is important that homeschool program teachers work well with both students and parents, offering encouragement and support while maintaining a high standard of expectation for student work.
- Prepare scope and sequence for all classes taught.
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons for each weekly class day utilizing a Biblical World View philosophy and meeting multiple learning styles of the students.
- Lead enrichment during classroom day to promote student connection and social/emotional growth.
- Communicate weekly with parents as to what was taught in class and if anything is expected of the students and parents for the week.
- Attend In-service, Panther Project & Homeschool Graduation.
- Minimum BA/BS Degree in area of instruction or related educational field; or Equivalent Experience.
- ACSI Temporary, Standard, or Professional Teaching Certificate (or willingness to acquire).
- WA State Teaching Certificate (preferred, not mandatory).
- Elementary Home School and Classroom Teaching Experience.
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony.
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview and Christian philosophy of education.
- A love for and passion to work with young people.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS full teacher application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The teacher’s application may be found on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206.
Phone: (509) 924-9131