Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Half or Full Time – 11 Month Contract August 2021 – June 2022
Responsible To: VCS Head Administrator/ School Principals
Main Responsibilities: College/Career Class and Direction, Student Academic and Mental Health Counseling, Overseeing of All School Assessments including: Entry, Annual Standardized, College and Career, AP.
- Minimum BA/BS Degree in the area of Guidance Counseling or related educational field.
- ACSI Temporary, Standard, or Professional Certificate (or willingness to acquire)
- WA State Certificate (preferred, not mandatory)
- School Guidance Counselor Experience and High School Classroom Teaching Experience
- Ability to work successfully with students of all age levels.
- Excellent classroom management skills and relational instruction.
- Committed Spirit-led Christian Life/ Born Again Testimony
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview philosophy of education and counseling.
- A passion to work with and love for students.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills.
- Ability to work well with parents, administration, and faculty as a team, preserving school unity.
- Experience with assessments and using comparative data for improving learning outcomes.
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS full teacher application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The teacher’s application may be found on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please. The position is open as long as posted on the school website.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Phone: (509) 924-9131