Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: May 3 to June 19, 2021
Responsible To: VCS Athletic Director and Administrator
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony-strong Christian mentorship and sportsmanship ability.
- Passion to work with young people and positively assist adolescent development.
- Varsity level coaching/playing experience desired.
- Assumes responsibility for the entire program which includes:
- Coaching the Varsity & JV squads and supervising assistant coaches if hired.
- Develop a vision for the program in conjunction with the AD and implement it throughout VCS.
- Be on time and available for all games and practices (weekday and weekend games, weekday practices).
- Proactively communicate well, orally, digitally and written to Athletes, Parents, and Athletic Director.
- Must be organized and develop effective game and practice plan.
- Provide athletes fundamental skills and game strategies within department-wide goals.
- Ability to promote teamwork and motivate student-athletes through competition.
- Keep track of athletic equipment and uniforms issued and systematically return all equipment at the finish of the
- Monitor athletic eligibility along with AD and motivate athletes to maintain academic achievement as a priority.
- Works closely with the Athletic Director in preparation and maintenance of gym floors, locker rooms, and storage areas.
- Help coordinate and attend athletic fundraisers.
- Conduct parent meetings. Communicate vision, goals, and philosophy clearly.
- Coordination of the Athletic awards banquet.
- Ability to drive passenger van when required.
- Read, understand, and support the mission of Valley Christian School.
- Support and follow the parent/student handbook, athletics handbook, WIAA handbook, and NFHS rules and regulations handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Agreements:
- Attend coaching clinics and classes to maintain WIAA coaching credentials
- VCS Coaching Addendum Agreement
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Fingerprint/Background Clearances
- Valid Driver’s License
Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. All applications may be found on the VCS website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Careers & Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email applications with resumes to the addresses below.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206