Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required:November 14, 2022, to March 4 2023
Responsible To: VCS Varsity Coach/Athletic Director
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony-strong Christian mentorship and sportsmanship ability.
- Passion to work with young people and positively assist adolescent development.
- Assumes responsibility for the JV basketball squads and assisting the Varsity Basketball Coach.
- Be on time and available for all games and practices (weekday and weekend games, weekday practices).
- Proactively communicate well, orally and written to Athletes, Parents, and Athletic Director.
- Must be organized and develop effective game and practice plan in conjunction with Varsity Coach.
- Provide athletes with fundamental skills and game strategies within department wide goals under the Varsity Coach.
- Ability to promote teamwork and motivate student athletes through competition.
- Help Varsity Coach Keep track of athletic equipment and uniforms issued and systematically return all equipment at the finish of the Season.
- Monitor athletic eligibility along with the Varsity Coach and AD and motivate athletes to maintain academic achievement as a priority.
- Works with Varsity Coach and the Athletic Director in helping maintain floors, locker rooms, and storage.
- Help with athletic fundraisers.
- Attend/conduct parent meetings in coordination with the Varsity Coach. Communicate vision, goals, and philosophy clearly as outlined by the Varsity Coach.
- Help coordinate the Basketball Athletic Awards Banquet at the end of the season.
- Ability to drive passenger van when required.
- Read, understand, and support the mission of Valley Christian School.
- Support and follow the parent/student handbook, athletics handbook, WIAA handbook, and NFHS rules and regulations handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Varsity Coach and AD.
- Highschool level coaching/playing experience desired
- Attend coaching clinics and classes to maintain WIAA coaching credentials
- VCS Coaching Contract Addendum Agreement/Compliance
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Fingerprint/Background Clearances
- Valid Driver’s License
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS coach application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The coach application may be found in the PDF attachment on this page. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Email: Athletic Director, Chaz Valdez - firstname.lastname@example.org