Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Full Time – 10 Month Contract September 1, 2022 – June 7, 2023
Responsible To: VCS School Principal and Teacher
(One Teacher Assistant will be needed for PreK-Kindergarten and one for the Upper Elementary 3-6th Grades)
Teaching Assistant Responsibilities: The Elementary TA will be responsible to help the elementary teacher monitor students’ needs, provide additional academic support, assist teacher with classroom preparations and work with students needing extra individual or small group instruction. It may also include transitional and recess supervision.
Elementary Classes Assisting: Reading, Language Arts, Spelling, Math, Science, History, Art, and Bible classes.
- Minimum High School Diploma (Degree in education or related educational field preferred).
- WA State Teaching Certificate (preferred, not mandatory).
- Elementary Education Classroom TA Experience.
- Excellent student classroom relational skills and ability to help with instruction.
- Certification in First Aid/CPR or willing to obtain.
- Born Again Believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
- Committed Spirit-led Christian life/example.
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview philosophy of education.
- A calling and passion to work with and love young people.
Please submit a letter of interest and a current resume along with the VCS general application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The "General Position Application" is linked on this page or can be found on the VCS website Careers page (https://valleychristianschool.org/careers). Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please. The position is open as long as it is posted on the school website.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206