1.0 FTE (Full Time Annual Contract)
Reports to VCS Administrator
Dates of current year contract: July 2021- July 2022 (12 months normal year)
To be responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of the school facilities including mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, grounds, snow removal, vehicles, event set up, security, and safety. Responsible for maintaining a facilities budget and ordering supplies. Collaboration with the Head of Custodial during and after school hours as needed for event set-ups and preparations. Must be able to work as a team member with good communication skills and have the ability to multitask while managing and following a flexible schedule.
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony of Faith in Christ
- High school diploma or greater
- Current Driver’s License.
- 5+ years of experience in building maintenance and custodial duties or in construction.
- Experience working with low-pressure steam boiler systems a plus.
- Pass a background check.
- Have proof of current or take part in First Aid/CPR/AED Training before the start of the school year.
- Pass a Drug test
- Must be able to routinely lift 50 pounds.
- Computer skills - word/excel /outlook email
- Oversee and manage the entire campus of Valley Christian School (working as a team overseeing a Maintenance Assistant and collaborating with the Head of the Janitorial to accomplish) including the grounds, parking lot, building (s), playground(s), and any other areas designated by the Administrator of the school.
- Manages Maintenance Assistant assigning duties and completion timelines.
- Monitors and insures the proper operation and service of all facilities. Establishes and manage a work order process.
- Oversees maintaining of school vans and busses for routes and activities approved through the Director of Transportation.
- Work with the Administration and support staff to accomplish needed preparations for school events including the set up and take down of chairs and tables etc.
- Coordinate with suppliers and contractors to maintain facility.
- Perform building maintenance and coordinate/perform all needed inspections.
- Be able to interact and correspond with volunteers, current staff, and students of VCS in a positive and Christlike manner.
- Maintain and operate equipment to perform snow removal around the campus of the school.
- Keep all trainings, certifications, licenses current and in good standing as required for the school.
- 100% medical for a full-time employee
- 90% tuition discount for school-age children
- Vacation Time (2 weeks in the summer, 1 week at Christmas, 3 additional personal days, national holidays)
- Sick days (8 days per year/14 days total accumulated)
Please initially submit a letter of interest and a current resume, followed by a full application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. All applications may be found on the VCS Website (http://www.valleychristianschool.org) under the Careers link. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206