Directed Studies is an integral part of the total educational program at Valley Christian School. Through the services of Directed Studies, specialized educational assistance is provided to help students with different academic needs have a successful experience at VCS. The Teacher will work with students, teachers, and families, under the supervision and direction of the Directed Studies Coordinator, to deliver appropriate accommodations and services to students who have been identified as needing additional help and tracking with them for progression and continuity as students transition through the grade levels at VCS. This may include providing pullout services, scheduling, attending, and documenting IEP/504 meetings with teachers, parents, and the local school districts if included. The Teacher will work with the Directed Studies Coordinator and Teachers at VCS.
- Shall hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Special Education
- Shall be a born-again Christian living a Spirit-filled life.
- Shall exhibit spiritual maturity and concern for the spiritual, social, emotional, and academic welfare of students.
- Certified by the State of Washington and ACSI or willing to work towards such certification.
- Have teaching ability in Math and Language Arts at a 6-12th Grade Instructional Level.
- Must be able to keep confidence and use mature discretion in dealing with students and parents.
- Must have genuine love and rapport with students, parents, and staff.
- Experience in organization and communication.
- Have the necessary Computer Skills or be willing to learn them to work in the Directed Studies Program.
Contracted By: Valley Christian School Administrator, Salaried Position
Time Required: Full-time Position August 15, 2023-June 15, 2024
Supervises: VCS student academics for those who qualify for Directed Studies in 6-12 grades.
- Spiritual Leadership
- Helps create an atmosphere of spiritual awareness in the student body through their positive spiritual leadership and living testimony.
- Maintain Christ-like helpfulness in all situations within the school.
- Academic Guidance
- Works with Directed Studies Coordinator, Principals, and Teachers to communicate and help facilitate on a weekly basis and develop VCS Directed Studies Service Plans (504/IEP type plans) for students with special needs in the 6-12th
- Provide needed pull-out services to assist students at their identified grade level needing this accommodation in 6-12th grades in Math and English.
- Provides academic counseling services to the student and parents in Directed Studies professionally and effectively in accordance with the Valley Christian School mission, purpose, and core values.
- Maintains professional, effective, and punctual communication with parents, staff, and students according to the responsibilities under Directed Studies Services at VCS.
- Timely completion, correspondence, and implementation of student Accommodation and Modification Plans for Directed Studies Students in 6-12th Grades under the guidance of the Directed Studies Coordinator.
- Helps Maintain documentation and files for 6-12th Grade Directed Studies students, including VCS Service Plans ( IEP/504), testing, and correspondence with the Directed Studies Coordinator.
- Helps facilitate services for after-school tutoring and the Homework Center for 6-12th
- Work with Directed Studies Coordinator in planning and overseeing a summer remedial program for Directed Studies students and other VCS students who are behind in Reading and Math.
Please submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and the VCS full teacher application. Only applicants who have completed the application will be considered for an interview. The teacher’s application may be found on our website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Careers. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
*The position is open as long as posted on the school website.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org