Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: March 15 to May 1, 2021
Responsible To: VCS Athletic Director and Administrator
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Be on time and available for all games and afternoon practices.
- Proactively communicate well, orally and written, to athletes, parents, and the Athletic Director.
- Must be organized and develop effective game and practice plans.
- Provide athletes fundamental skills and game strategies working with VCS High School Athletic Department goals.
- Ability to promote teamwork and motivate student-athletes through competition.
- Keep track of athletic equipment and uniforms issued and systematically return all equipment at the finish of the season.
- Monitor athletic eligibility along with AD and motivate athletes to maintain academic achievement as a priority.
- Ability to drive passenger van when required.
- Read, understand, and support the mission of Valley Christian School.
- Support and follow the parent/student handbook, athletics handbook, WIAA handbook, and NFHS rules and regulations handbook.
- Attend coaching clinics and classes to maintain WIAA coaching credentials for the State of Washington.
- Advance the girls’ volleyball program by interacting with the younger players.
- Support athletic fundraising efforts when needed.
- Organizing an after season awards banquet with the help of the Athletic Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned by AD in connection with overall coaching responsibilities.
- Committed Christian life/testimony-strong Christian mentorship and sportsmanship ability
- Passion to work with young people and positively assist adolescent development
- Coaching/playing experience desired
- VCS coaching addendum agreement
- First aid/CPR certified
- Fingerprint/background clearances
- Valid drivers license
Please fill out the coaching application completely in order to be considered for an interview. All applications may be found on the VCS website at www.valleychristianschool.org under Careers & Employment Opportunities. Please mail or email applications with resumes to the addresses below.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com