Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: November 21 2022 to March 4 2023
Responsible To: VCS Administrator & Athletic Director
*Additional stipend for team advancement to State 1B Tournament
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony-strong Christian mentorship and sportsmanship ability.
- Passion to work with young people and positively assist adolescent development.
- Assumes responsibility for the entire program which includes:
- Coaching the Varsity & JV squads and supervising assistant coaches if hired.
- Develop a vision for the program in conjunction with the AD and implement throughout VCS.
- Be on time and available for all games and practices (weekday and weekend games, weekday practices).
- Proactively communicate well, orally and written, to Athletes, Parents, and Athletic Director.
- Must be organized and develop an effective game and practice plan.
- Provide athletes fundamental skills and game strategies within department-wide goals.
- Ability to promote teamwork and motivate student athletes through competition.
- Keep track of athletic equipment and uniforms issued and systematically return all equipment at the finish of the Season.
- Monitor athletic eligibility along with AD and motivate athletes to maintain academic achievement as a priority.
- Works closely with the Athletic Director in preparation and maintenance of gym floors, locker rooms, and storage areas.
- Help coordinate and attend athletic fundraisers.
- Conduct parent meetings. Communicate vision, goals, and philosophy clearly.
- Coordination of the Athletic awards banquet.
- Ability to drive passenger van when required.
- Read, understand, and support the mission of Valley Christian School.
- Support and follow the parent/student handbook, athletics handbook, WIAA handbook, and NFHS rules and regulations handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Varsity level coaching/playing experience desired
- Attend coaching clinics and classes to maintain WIAA coaching credentials
- VCS Coaching Addendum Agreement
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Fingerprint/Background Clearances
- Valid Driver’s License
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume along with the VCS coach application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The coach application may be found in the PDF attachment on this page. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206