Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Full Time (Contract August – June)
Responsible To: VCS Secondary Principal/Administrator
Responsibilities: Manage the VCS Sports programs and facility use. Teach a partial load of PE classes (or another academic class). These areas include the following:
- Demonstration of Christ-like character and leadership and facilitate good sportsmanship in the areas of supervision, delegation, management, communication, and implementation.
- Help identify, hire, and evaluate coaches according to the mission and purpose of VCS.
- Preparation of an annual VCS Athletic Department Business Plan – oversee and recommend the athletic budget with the Secondary Principal and Administrator. Help Procure and maintain community sponsors for gym and game program advertising.
- Working closely with Secondary Principal, Administrator, athletes, coaches, parents, and fans to ensure adequate progress toward program goals and strategies. Meet with the Secondary Principal and Administrator regularly to collaborate department-wide goals and share vision for the program.
- Oversee and ensure effective VCS Athletics communications to competing schools, staff, parents, and students in conjunction with coaches (Emails, Website, Team Snap, etc.).
- Organizing and monitoring athletic fundraising activities.
- Monitoring the athletic eligibility process in conjunction with the Guidance Counselor and Teachers.
- Scheduling and monitoring VCS award programs, practices, and games in facilities.
- Representing VCS at all leagues and WIAA meetings when necessary.
- Manage the storage, organization and inventory of uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
- Helping coaches with the design and purchase of uniforms and equipment.
- Actively survey and recruit students for team sports.
- Schedule and regularly communicate all athletic events and updates with respect to the master calendar of the school and keep current on the school website.
- Maintain WIAA online rules clinics per season and update school and coach information when necessary.
- Update WIAA website, league website, MaxPreps website or related sports website as required for each sport season. Be prepared for media representation on behalf of VCS Athletics.
- Work with and help oversee the VCS Booster Club and its activities to support the athletic programs at VCS. Booster Club provision of concessions for games and other fundraised support provides extra needed financial resources for programs and equipment identified by the AD.
- Work with office staff to obtain clerical support with game programs, advertising of events, etc.
- Oversee home based sporting events (i.e., organize and supervise set-up, clean-up and lock up).
- Evening game/event duty time is part of the overall employment contract and would be defined as but not limited to game night or track meet set-up, oversight, clean-up, and closure. This includes being (or assigning) the authoritative presence at the home games making sure behavior, security and emergency issues are pro-actively supervised. The ticket booth and concession stands are also the responsibility of the Athletic Director to oversee and work with Booster Club to staff with volunteers.
- Manage the Sports Complex use by the school and tenants; schedule and maintain rental and approved volunteer use of all VCS athletic facilities including gyms, fields, and track stadium. These uses may include long term renters housed on the campus, seasonal hourly renters, and scheduled Tournaments for various organizations, etc.
- Prepare lesson plans according to course objectives and pacing
- Maintain attendance and grading according to school policy
- Deliver instruction and maintain proper classroom management and organization
- Communicate regularly with students and families regarding progress
- Mentor with Christ-like character and exemplary lifestyle
- Minimum BA/BS Degree.
- Prior experience as an Athletic Director (or assistant)
- ACSI Athletic Director Temporary, Standard, or Professional Certificate (or willingness to acquire) or ASCI Teaching certificate
- WA State Teaching Certificate (preferred, not mandatory).
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony.
- Experience with facilities management and rental.
- Passion and vision to work with and help mentor young athletes, coaches, parents in a Christian school environment.
- Well organized, an excellent communicator, good with public relations and computer literate.
- Please submit a letter of interest containing your reason for seeking this position, a summary of qualifications, and brief Christian testimony, along with a current resume, to the Administrator listed below.
- The Secondary Principal and Administrator will review your materials and inform you if you need to complete a full application (a link will be provided).
- Upon review of the completed application and associated materials, you will be contacted regarding an interview.
Materials may be dropped off at the following address or emailed to the admin listed below. No faxes, please. The position is open if it remains posted on the school website.
Email: Robert Chadduck firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206