Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Part-Time – 10 Month Contract August, 2023 – June, 2024
Responsible To: VCS Administrator/ Secondary School Principal
- Prepare and teach High School (10th grade) American Sign Language (ASL) one class period each day, Monday-Thursday
- Provide conversational and contextual opportunities for students to use ASL
- Minimum BA/BS Degree
- ACSI Temporary, Standard, or Professional Teaching Certificate (or willingness to acquire)
- Born Again Believer and follower of Jesus Christ.
- Committed Christian Life/Testimony
- Commitment to a Biblical Worldview philosophy of teaching
- A passion to work with young people
- WA State Teaching Certificate (preferred, not mandatory)
- Secondary (7-12) Classroom Teaching Experience (preferred, not mandatory)
- Please email a letter of interest containing your reason for seeking this position, a summary of qualifications, brief Christian testimony, and a current resume to the department lead listed below-
- Robert Chadduck, Principal: email@example.com
- Questions? You may email the above department lead or call them at (509) 924-9131
- A department lead will review your materials and inform you if you need to complete a full VCS teacher application. (The teacher’s application can be found as an attachment on this page).
- Upon review of your completed application and associated materials, you will be contacted regarding an interview.
*If you are unable to email, you may mail or drop off materials (no faxes, please) at the following address- Valley Christian School: 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
**The position is open as long as it remains posted on the school website