General Description: The Admissions Director under the supervision of the Administrator will be responsible for all processes and communications related to student enrollment and retention for both new and returning PreK-12 and Homeschool families. This position also involves membership on the Administrative Team and collaborative workings with the Director of Development, Business Office, and school Principals.
Contracted By: Valley Christian School
Time Required: Full Time (193 Days), Current date - June 2023
Responsible To: VCS Administrator
- Spirit-Filled Mature Christian with the love of God’s work and people
- Servant-minded, ability to walk in humility providing quality customer service
- Meets school constituency and public well
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Effective communicator in both spoken and written mediums
- Can handle emergencies with emotional maturity
- Must have an understanding of and commitment to the VCS philosophy of Christian Education, Mission, and Core Values.
- Must be trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information
- Groomed professional appearance
- Must be dependable
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, Publisher, Internet, Web Forms, Adobe Pro, FACTS etc.
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge of online database functions.
- Accuracy in work
- Ability to function independently and exercises good judgment
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with children, parents, and school employees
- Ability to multi-task to quality completion
- People management, computer, and data systems skills. Prior Admission Office experience desired but not mandatory
- BA or Higher Preferred
- Manages New Family Admissions & Re-Enrollment through FACTS.
- Continuously evaluate the application and admissions process and collaborate with the Administrative Team to make improvements.
- Manages international students in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and is the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO). Works with VCS I-20 Coordinator.
- Prepares new application and enrollment packets and online enrollment updates in October of each year for new enrollment/re-enrollment in February.
- Oversees Auto re-enrollment process online
- Works with Admissions Assistant to set up inquiry tours, assessments, and family interviews.
- Meets with new families to review the offer letter and final enrollment process.
- Provides regular all-school enrollment reports for Administration which includes re-enrolled, new, and non-re-enrolled students. Assists the Administrator with metrics that measure retention and growth.
- Tracks and follows up with new family inquiries to improve enrollment potential.
- Works with the Development Director in school marketing and statistics as needed to promote the Admissions Process and retention.
- Works with the Development Director to create/update Admissions Inquiries and New Family Information Packets.
- Works with the Business Manager in the financial processing of family enrollments. Updates application and enrollment fee structure in FACTS.
- Communicates/collaborates with school Principals regarding student grade level openings and placements, screenings, testing, and family interviews.
- Submits annual state reports to the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) as it pertains to admissions and enrollment.
- Manages school information system (FACTS) as it pertains to admissions, enrollment, and retention.
- Manages student immunization program and uses WASIIS website to retrieve student immunization information and ensure immunizations are up to date with the help of volunteer nurse.
- Manages and maintains appropriate enrollment documents for new and returning students.
- Works with the office staff in helping maintain student cumulative and medical files.
- Oversees Admissions Department Assistant and volunteers.
Please submit a letter of interest and a current resume along with the VCS administrative application. Only those applicants who have filled out the application completely will be considered for an interview. The administrative application may be found in the PDF attachment on this page. Please mail or email all applications with resumes to the following addresses. No faxes, please. The position is open as long as posted on the school website.
Mail: Valley Christian School – 10212 E 9th Ave – Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Phone: (509) 924-9131